As a Rhode Island Wedding Photographer I have the good fortune to visit many of the beautiful wedding venues spread throughout the state. Certainly, there is a venue out there that is ideal for each couple on their special day – it might just take a bit of looking for them to find it.
Here are a few useful tips on selecting your wedding venue. They are gathered from my many years as a Rhode Island Wedding Photographer.
1. Start the Search Early – The earlier the better, especially if you have your heart set on a popular venue. They tend to get booked out well in advance and you might find that the one you prefer is just simply not available for your special day.
2. Refine Your Search – Seriously discuss (and agree) together what size and style of wedding you want to have. Many venues will have an upper limit as the number of people they can accommodate. It is also to be expected that some venues will not suit particular themes, while others are more adaptable to exactly what you have in mind.
3. Check Out Photographers’ Portfolios – An expert Rhode Island Wedding Photographer, such as myself, will have a wealth of images from a wide variety of locations. Browsing through these pictures is a great way to pinpoint the type of (and perhaps, exact) location for your ceremony and reception.
3. Know Your Budget – How much are you willing to spend on the location? Be honest and be practical. Factor in whether or not the location provides tables, chairs, linen or any form of decoration. Some locations will act as your caterer, others will have a list of caterers they normally work with and some will require that you make all provision on your own.
4. Make a Visit and Be Flexible – Perhaps, you had a particular color scheme in mind but upon visiting the venue you realize what a distracting contrast it would make with the colors already on-site. (Another good reason to begin the venue search early!) Something like that may require that you rethink or at least tweak your chosen colors – or go with a different venue.
Five Awesome Rhode Island Wedding Locations
Rhode Island has a wedding venue to suit every size, theme and budget a couple might have in mind for their ceremony and reception. There are hotels, country clubs, museums and garden settings all running the gamut from rustic to upscale, from hipster to historic.
Here’s a close-up of a few of the lovely places available for your Rhode Island wedding celebrations.
Other Great Choices for Wedding Venues in Rhode Island
Here are a few more venue ideas for your Rhode Island Wedding:
An Enchanting Rhode Island Wedding
While many couples take advantage of Rhode Island’s historical mansions, some choose locations that have a subtler elegance. Having decided on a summer wedding, the couple pictured above chose to take advantage of the beautiful Rhode Island scenery. A tent reception allowed their guests to enjoy the summer evening outdoors, while they danced under glittering lights that had been strung across the ceiling.
The most enchanting moments of the day came not from viewing the scenery of the wedding, but from the bride and groom. The happiness shared by the newlyweds was infectious. The pair could not take their eyes off each other and anyone watching them could see how much fun they have just being together.
As an experienced Rhode Island Wedding Photographer I stayed alert for candid moments that showed the carefree, loving spirit that permeated the day. The above picture was one of those moments. The bride’s face is the center of attention, resulting from the lights and lines of the tent. The image captures the pure delight she felt in dancing with her husband, freezing that instant of joy forever.